Skip to main content

Web Spaces

Take a minute to think about how easy it is to access information in your regular daily activities. What is the circumference of Earth? How was the Corona Virus vaccine developed? Where is the best place to snorkel in Queensland? Who walked out on the last MAFS episode? Regardless of if the information is useful or not, it is readily available at the tap of a button or the swipe of a screen. Now consider how this information is also very accessible to students. As educators, we must utilise this accessibility to benefit teaching and learning in a classroom setting.

Blogs, wikis and websites are different kinds of web spaces where one can find and apply information. In terms of technical aspects, these web spaces can offer important tools for learning by allowing the creation of thoughts, ideas and processes to be published and viewed by an audience. These tools provide an opportunity to make learners and learning more productive.
Take this blog, for example, it is an educational tool as it serves as a reflective journal of my learning about digital pedagogies. I can modify the settings to accommodate my personal preference and my audience. Through interaction with my audience, commentary and feedback can deepen my learning and understanding of the topics I choose to post. When I choose to publish posts, it is done in a chronological order that always displays my most recent posts first. I am the sole author of this blog; thus, any editing or amendments can only be made by me. It is a true reflection of my thoughts and findings throughout my study in Digital Pedagogies. Figure 1 displays a screenshot of Google Blogger posts from the author’s point of view. 




Comments

  1. Wow Linda, your style of writing always suck me in. I particularly enjoy how you summaries how easy web spaces are to use and the different types that are available. Getting straight to the point and being factual but still writing in a way that seems to speak to me as if we are having a conversation. I would have loved to see some modeling of these web spaces in an educational setting however I look forward to following along with your blog as you develop further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, anonymous... maybe Nathan? I really appreciate your feedback and will develop this blog a little more (along with Week 4), this week. What you've said about being to the point and factual, but still personable, is in fact who I am. I'm grateful to have this opportunity to blog as it's something I've never done before but I think it's really helpful for self-reflection and evaluation. I'd love to return the favour for a comment if you'd like to send through an email request?

      Delete

Post a Comment